våbenskjold

We start our tour at "Gammelting"(Old Thing), where the bus terminal is situated.

The westside of "Nørretorv"(Northern Market), consisting of nos. 1-5 Gammelting, belongs to the public services. From the right we have Judge Risom's House, bought by the town in 1889 to be used as military hospital, Police Headquarters, the Civil Court and down across the railway, "Friedrichs Schule", built as a boys' school 1830 by Jens Jensen Wraae and named after Frederik vii. Presently its in use as part of the civic administration of the community.

A close-up of the court house reveals that the building was constructed for the purpose.
We cross the railway where once there was one of the four halts in town. Nowadays not even a building is left as a faint memory of the times, when Haderslev had railways in five directions.

Previous
Next